Use of Materials
These Policies are intended to support an atmosphere conducive to study and research. Policies protect library users, the collection and facility and are aligned with the mission of Indiana Tech. New or updated polices are at the discretion of the library director.
- All users must possess and display a current Indiana Tech ID card to borrow materials. Users are responsible for all items checked out with their Indiana Tech ID card.
- Currently enrolled students, as well as currently employed faculty and staff, may register for a statewide Academic Libraries of Indiana Reciprocal Borrowing Card. Please inquire about this service at the McMillen Library.
- Community users including alumni and those enrolled in Indiana Tech affiliated programs will need to contact the library director for special borrowing privileges.
Circulation/Use of materials
- Reserve, reference, periodicals, and audio-visual materials DO NOT circulate. Materials placed on reserve will be in compliance with the Copyright Law.
- All students, faculty, and staff may request items not owned by McMillen Library through our free Interlibrary Loan Service. The loan period is determined by the lending library.
- Circulation Privileges are as follows:
- Students: three weeks and renewal twice
- Faculty: six weeks and renewal twice
- Staff: six weeks and renewal twice
- Library Billing and Lost/Damaged Fees: McMillen Library bills users for failure to return items. Failure to pay fees for unreturned, lost, or damaged items will result in suspension of borrowing privileges. The library will charge your university account along with the cost of the item(s) and a $10.00 processing fee for each item. The Business Office will hold all grades, transcripts, and diplomas until the fee is paid.
- Online databases, electronic books, and other digital information are provided to assist library users in their legitimate pursuits of education and research.
- Only students, faculty, and staff of Indiana Tech have access to subscription databases and electronic books. Our licenses and contractual agreements with vendors prohibit use to all others including alumni and community users/visitors.